Social Science (Code No. –)
CLASS – X
Section – A Very Short Answer Questions (Previous Years Question Paper)
- Match the following items given in column A with those in column B.
Column A Column B 1. Martin Luther King a. Sambad Kaumudi 2. Jyotiba Phule b. Kesari 3. Raja Rammohan Roy c. Ninety-five Thesis 4. Bal Gangadhar Tilak d. Gulamgiri
- Who formed the ‘Swaraj Party’ within the Congress?
a. Jawahar Lal Nehru Nehru and Motilal Nehru.
b. Abdul Ghaffar Khan and Mahatma Gandhi.
c. C.R. Das and Motilal Nehru.
d. None of these.
- Study the picture and answer the question that follows
Which of the following aspect best signifies this image of ‘Germania’?
a. Heroism and Justice.
b. Folk and Cultural Tradition.
c. Austerity and Asceticism.
d. Revenge and Vengeance.
- Name the Customs Union formed in 1834 in Prussia to remove tariff barriers on trade and bind the Germans economically.
- Which of the following soils is called the cotton soil?
a. Alluvial, b. Red soil, c. Mountain soil, d. Black soil.
- Complete the following table with correct information with regard to cultivation of Wheat:
Annual rainfall required Cropping season Temperature required for its growth 50-75 cm (a) – ? (b) – ?
Mention any one challenge faced by the Indian farmers. (Previous Years Question Paper)
- Correct the following statement and rewrite:
‘In 1993, Belgium shifted from a federal to a unitary form of government’.
- Which one of the following option best signifies this cartoon?
a. Communalisation of Indian politics.
b. Influence of religion in Indian Politics.
c. The idea of secularism.
d. ‘a’ and ‘b’ both.
- The representation of women in Indian Parliament is still low as compared to European countries because _____.
The Constitution of India provides to all individuals and communities freedom to profess, practice and propagate any religion because ____.
- Who conducts the elections of the local bodies in India?
Which government has the power to legislate on ‘Residuary’ subjects in India?
- Mention the formula to calculate the ‘Trade Balance’.
- Where will you find disguised unemployment most? Select the correct option from those given below:
a. Among agricultural workers working for small farmland.
b. Among part time individual workers.
c. In most of the government offices.
d. In big private companies.
- One of the best ways to reduce over usage of ground water ______.
Both AMUL and Sudha dairy are owned by ____. (Previous Years Question Paper)
- Name the institution that establishes rules regarding international trade.
- What do you understand by the term ‘Credit’?
- Why demand deposits are consider as money?
- Employment figures of a country are based on data collected from a 5-yearly survey on employment and unemployment. Which organization conducts the survey in India?
- Arrange in correct sequence:
1. Members of a cooperative pool their resources from cooperation in certain areas.
2. These funds are used to provide loans to members. Once these loans are repaid another round of lending can take place.
3. There are several types of cooperatives, weavers cooperatives, industrial workers cooperatives etc.
4. It accepts deposits from its members. With these deposits as collateral, the cooperatives obtain large loans from the banks.
(a) 4,1,3,2, (b) 2,3,1,4 (c) 3,1,4,2 (d) 3,4,1,2.
SECTION – B
- ‘It is said of “passive resistance” that it is the weapon of the weak, but the power which is the subject of this article can be used only by the strong. This power is not passive resistance ; indeed it calls for intense activity. The movement in South Africa was not passive but active…
…in the use of satyagraha, there is no ill-will whatever.
‘Satyagraha is pure soul-force. Truth is the very substance of the soul. That is why this force is called satyagraha. The soul is informed with knowledge. In it burns the flame of love…Nonviolence is the supreme dharma…
a. Who spoke of passive resistance?
b. Who is a satyagrahi?
c. Write two differences between passive resistance and active resistance.
- ‘Nineteenth-century indenture has been described as a ‘new system of slavery’ Give reasons.
who were the jobbers? Explain their functions.
What did the spread of print culture in 19th century mean to women, the poor and the reforms?
- Write three differences between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy.
Name the most widely used conventional source of energy. Write its type and their characteristics.
- How is federalism practiced in India?
- Write three challenges of Political Parties in India.
- Why people still take loans from informal sources?
Why banks and cooperative societies need to lend more?
- Why tertiary sector is growing in recent years?
SECTION – C
- Who was the architect of German unification? How did he unify Germany?
What steps did French Revolutionaries take to create a sense of collective identity among the French people?
- What are the advantages of road transport over railways?
- ‘The challenge of sustainable development requires control over industrial pollution.’ Substantiate the statements with examples.
- The focus on caste in politics can sometimes give an impression that elections are all about caste and nothing else. That is far from true. Do you agree? Explain.
- Democratic government is accountable, responsive and legitimate government. Explain.
Do you agree that democracy accommodates social diversity?