Skip to content
Multiple Choice Questions on Resource and Development Class X
1. Everything available in our environment and usable for the society is called as ____.
- above all Answer: Resources.
2. Resources are ___ types on the basis of origin.
- 5 Answer: 2
3. Which of the following is an example of renewable resource?
- coal Answer: forests.
4. Burial ground is an example of ___ resource.
- individual Answer: community.
5. “Resources which are found in an area, but not utilized” means ___ resources.
- national Answer: potential.
6. Which one is the main characteristics of resource?
- valuable resources are concentrated in some particular area.
- above all Answer: above all.
7. First earth summit in Rio de Jeniro in Brazil organized in ___.
- 1985 Answer: 1992
8. What was the main theme of the first earth summit in Brazil?
- Sustainable development
- agricultural development
- industrial development
- educational development Answer: Sustainable development.
9. What is the full form of UNCED?
- United nations conference on ecological development
- united nations conference on environmental development
- (NEXT) united nations conference on ecosystem development
- united nations conference on economic development
Answer: united nations conference on environmental development.
10. Land is resource because it is used for ___.
- making roads
- the society
- construction of buildings Answer: the society.
11. Resource planning means ___.
- more use of resources.
- minimum use of resources
- stop using resources
- judicial use of resources Answer: judicial use of resources
12. Brundtland Commission Report in ___.
- 1970 Answer: 1987
13. Who wrote the book ‘our common future’.
- Grand commission
- Brundtland Commission
- Albert Answer: Brundtland Commission
14. About ___% land of India covers mountainous area.
- 21 Answer: 30
15. About ___ % land of India is plain area.
- 47 Answer: 43
16. The total geographical area of India is ___ million square km.
- 6.20 Answer: 3.28
17. National forest policy,____.
- 1987 Answer: 1952
18. Alluvial soil is found in ____.
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Uttar Pradesh Answer: Uttar Pradesh
19. Old alluvial soil is also known as _____.
- Terai Answer: Bhangar
20. New alluvial soil is also known as _____.
- Terai Answer: Khadar
21. which soil is called as regur soil?
- Red Answer: Black.
22. ___ soil is developed in crystalline igneous rocks.
- Arid Answer: Red
23. Laterite has been derived from the ___ word ‘Later’.
- Chinese Answer: Latin
24. Red laterite soil in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala is suitable for ___ cultivation.
- cashew nut Answer: cashew nut
25. Arid soil is found in ___.
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Uttar Pradesh
- Kerala Answer: Rajasthan (Multiple Choice Questions on Resource and Development Class X)